Sunday 16 September 2012

3) Cover letter edited


16th September 2012

Recruit Haus Pte Ltd
20A Tanjong Pagar Road
Singapore 088443

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your advertisement for a Tour Coordinator posted on jobsupermart.com caught my attention. Please review the attached resume which highlights my skills and accomplishments that will enable me to contribute to your team. I am interested in the offered position as my educational background and work experiences have been preparing me well for this job. 

I am a third year student, graduating in June 2014 from the University Palacký of Olomouc with Bachelors degree in Chinese Language and Applied Economics. Currently I am on a one year exchange programme in National University of Singapore where my majors are Chinese and Hindi language. As I still want to improve my language skills in required Mandarin language, I obtained a scholarship for Summer School in Beijing, China this July.

During my part-time job, I have worked as a tourist guide in two different cultural landmarks for three years. I have  experience in guiding groups of 20-40 people, where I had to prove my presentation skills and cultural and historical background in my native language of Czech. The job also involved hosting  assignments during company or wedding events. I was also involved in the planning and organization of the above mentioned events.

I believe that through my experiences I have gained during my study and part-time jobs, I have obtained skills which I can use efficiently as a tour coordinator. Together with the willingness to work hard and constant improving of guiding and interpersonal skills, I am confident that I will be an adequate candidate for the position of Tour Coordinator at your company.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Do feel free to contact me on my mobile: 98952793 or email me at a0103930@nus.edu.sg should you have any questions or queries. 

Yours sincerely,

Kateřina Číhalová

8 comments:

  1. The job requirements are following:


    Job Title Tour Coordinator

    Job Description/ Requirement
    Responsibilities:
     Attend to customer tour enquiries and requirements
     Recommend tour packages
     Prepare quotation and handle sales

    Requirements:
     GCE 'N' Levels and above
     No experience required, training will be provided
     PC literate
     Good communication and interpersonal skills
     Bilingual in English and Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin-speaking customers

    Interested candidates, please forward detailed resume with photo to:rhicareers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine,

    You have done a good job considering this is you first draft. You cover your skills and highlight you abilities which are relevant to the job. Overall, I can clearly see what you are aiming at.

    Certain things you can consider are:

    1. I am a third year student of Chinese language and Applied Economics at University Palacký of Olomouc and in June 2014 I will be graduating with Bachelor degree in these two majors
    >>> graduating in June 2014 with a Bachelors Degree in these two majors.
    or
    >>>I am a third year student, graduating in June 2014 from the University Palacký of Olomouc with Bachelors degree in Chinese Language and Applied Economics.

    2. Currently I am on exchange programme
    >>> Currently, I am on an exchange programme

    3. skills in required Mandarin
    >>> required Mandarin?

    4. I have an experience in guiding groups of 20-40 people, where I had to prove my presentation skills and cultural and historical backround in my native language
    >>> I have experience in guiding groups of 20-40 people. As part of my role I had to prove my presentation skills and also guide them about the cultural and historical backGround of the place in my native language (if I understand what you mean)
    OR Revise the sentence, ambiguous

    5. part-job
    >>> part-time job

    6. willingness to hard work and
    >>>willingness to work hard and

    7.Thank you in for your time and c
    >>>Thank you for your time and c

    8. me on a0103930@nus.edu.sg
    >>> me at a0103930@nus.edu.sg

    9. As I will appreciate the opportunity to interview and answer any questions you might have
    >>> consider reframing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Aditi,

      thank you for your comment and also for showing the right usage of language!

      Kateřina

      Delete
  3. Hi Kateřina

    From your cover letter, i can clearly see that your being multilingual clearly sets you apart from other candidates.

    In fact, I am now trying to count the number of languages you might be able to speak and/ or write.
    You write in English. You speak your native language I suppose. You major in Chinese. And you are currently picking up Hindi. Very impressive. Your multilingualism will definitely set you apart from other candidates.

    Cheers,
    Hakeem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hakeem,

      thank you for comment and also correcting my first draft!

      Kateřina

      Delete
  4. Hi Katerina!

    Wow it seems like a fun job! reading this makes me so envious of your multiple langauge abilities!

    Anyway here are some points that may help improve the letter

    1) Your advertisement for a Tour Coordinator posted on jobsupermart.com caught my attention. Please review the attached resume which highlights my skills and accomplishments that will enable me to contribute to your team. I am interested in the offered position as my educational background and work experiences have been preparing me well for this job. >> Your advertisement for a Tour Coordinator posted on jobsupermart.com caught my attention and interest as my educational background and work experiences have prepared me well for this job. Please review the attached resume which highlights my skills and accomplishments that will enable me to contribute to your team. ( I connected the last sentence to the first sentence because it seems like your first sentence was abruptly cut off)

    2)As I still want to improve my language skills in required Mandarin language, I obtained a scholarship for Summer School in Beijing, China this July. >> To further improve on my Mandarin skills, I have decided to apply for a scholarship for Summer School in Beijing, China this July, which I have successfully obtained.

    Gwen =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw on your website that you have worked with X company on Y campaign. I have worked on a similar style campaign at Z internship interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Companies are hiring home typist on full time and part time basis. Earn $100 or more daily from simple typing jobs.help with writing thesis

    ReplyDelete